Our Nursery Team
In Nursery we have two teachers and a classroom teaching assistant.
Mrs Hooson (teacher): Monday-Wednesday
Mrs Fitzgerald (teacher): Wednesday – Friday
Mrs Huckle (CTA): Monday-Friday
We have a morning and afternoon class and the session times are as follows:
AM – 8.30-11.30
PM – 12.15-3.15
We focus on the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which is split into 7 areas.
Our First Term
This term our theme is Winter. We will be learning about seasonal changes, hibernation and some Winter celebrations: Chinese New Year and Shrove Tuesday.
Our focus books are 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' and 'Can't You Sleep Little Bear'. Here are a few examples of the range of activities we will be doing in class this term:
- Learning about bears and hibernation
- Taste testing porridge
- Learning about different lengths and sizes
- Developing mark making skills through drawing activities , e.g. bears!
- Retelling the stories through role play activities
- Creating our own 'bear' stories
- Looking at light and dark using a dark den 'bear cave'.
For our Letters and Sounds activities we will be focusing on segmenting and blending words through fun activities and games.
Autumn Term 1
Autumn Term 2
Click here to view more information
Sylvester Primary AcademySt Johns RoadHuytonKnowsleyL36 0UXTel: 0151 477 8320Email: email@example.com
QuicklinksAcademy InformationParentsCurriculumPupilsContact Us