History and School Accreditations

The Sylvester Primary School which opened on this site in 1930, was originally named Huyton Park Day School which had been in Huyton Hey Road since the nineteenth century.

The school, which then taught children from 5 to 14, was named after Canon Sylvester the Vicar of Roby. In 1935, the older children transferred to Huyton Senior School, and The Sylvester became a combined Infant and Junior School.

After the Second World War, the school reached its capacity. A new building was opened in 1951 and became the Junior School. The original building became a separate Infant School. In 1984, the two schools amalgamated once more to form the Primary School we are today. The school has long enjoyed a happy association as part of the community in our area of Huyton. Some of our present pupils are members of families, generations of which have attended The Sylvester. The years have brought many changes, improvements to the buildings, different teachers and ever-improving teaching methods. One thing has always stayed the same – the happy relationship between the school, its pupils and its parents.

Our School Accreditations